In this era, technology is evolving at an exponential rate. With the new and latest technologies, there come more sophisticated ways to circumvent security and get under the hood. And computer viruses and malware are no exception. These days, such Trojans and Malware are being used as tools for espionage, stealing valuable data from personal computers and harming the computer itself, along with an attached local area network. Hence, the need for reliable security has never been greater. Here, we’ll discuss some of the best internet security suite of 2013 that provide an all-in-one solution for your personal or business’ security needs.
There are already many security suites released this year, with some scheduled for next year. These suites are now aimed at being faster, less resource intensive, and more efficient. Now of course, there is never a 100% guarantee of keeping the malware out, but these suites come close. These can cost anything between $10 to $100. But you have to compromise once in a while, especially when security is at stake. You can use free antivirus software as well, but the free ones aren’t always as good as the paid ones. And it isn’t to say that the most expensive ones are the best.
5 Best Internet Security Suites of 2012/2013
Here is our list of the top 5 best PC security suites for 2012 and 2013.
A full featured security suite that covers every aspect of security you can possibly imagine. Major features include
- Efficient clean-up of malware and other virus
- Effective protection against phishing attempts
- Remote control management through MyBitdefender Portal
- Anti-theft options for mobile devices (laptops, tablets etc) and anti-spam mechanism
- Parental controls on multiple devices
- Online file backup
- File encryption
Price : $69.95
- Intelligent and powerful firewall for spam and hack protection
- Remote management capabilities
- Self-healing antivirus. Repairs most of the damages by file deletion or virus attacks
- Advanced back-up options. 2GB online backup storage
- Anti-phishing and anti-spam mechanism
- Advanced parental control options
Price : $59.99
Trend Micro provides one of the best premium products and services, and a lot of help and support with it. Some salient features include
- Cloud-based technology to deflect threats before they reach you
- Highly efficient usage of resources
- keeps you secure on social media
- Anti-theft and secure erase, 10 GB of Safe Sync storage online
- And much, much more!
ZoneAlarm is a great security suite that incorporates many new features not available in many other anti-viruses and security suites.
- Comprehensive spam protection
- Browser virtualization
- Very powerful firewall
- Advanced parental controls
- In-built download manager. This is a unique feature that not only allows users to easily download large files at their convenience with features like pause, resume etc, but it also scans the downloaded files for any Trojan or Malware.
- Drive encryption
- System Registry tune-up
Price : $29.95
Kaspersky is another very popular antivirus and security suite for PCs. It has a free version too, but that has somewhat limited scope. Here are some of the features for the Pure 2.0 Total Security.
- A very powerful firewall to protect against hack attacks
- Fully featured parental controls
- File encryption and password management
- Remote management and secure deletion
Price : $79.95
There goes our list of the top 5 PC security suites. Hope you like it. If you have any questions, do let us know. We’ll be obliged to help. 🙂